Forfeiture of Lease - Commercial.

Peaceful Repossession – Forfeiture of  Lease for Commercial Properties

Most modern commercial property leases give the landlord the right to terminate the lease when the tenant has breached their obligations. We are happy to help if you need any information to clarify the status of any lease in question.

Call us today on 0343 504 1606 or email your enquiry to

There are two commercial property enforcement options available in regard to forfeiture of the lease. One option can be achieved without having to go to the court, as it is based in common law, while the other option is obtaining an Order of Possession in the County Court. If already in hand these can be transferred up to the High Court.

Common-Law – Forfeiture of  Lease/ Peaceful Repossession

Same Day Action – No Application to a Court Required

This common law remedy is a very quick and effective solution without the need of making an application to a court. On completion of our online Repossession order or it being emailed/faxed to Court Enforcement Services, we will promptly peaceably enter the premises, change the locks and display the correct notices of forfeiture and torts if applicable.

This comprehensive Forfeiture of Lease service includes making and providing the client with an inventory (written and photographic) of all valuable goods within 24 hours. Photographic evidence does not incur an extra charge and would be advisable as it has been an invaluable factor when resolving any subsequent disputes over the forfeiture of lease/repossession order.

On receipt of your instructions, Court Enforcement Services will act promptly in making arrangement to effect a forfeiture of the lease. Provided that the online warrant is received, faxed or emailed before noon, we can undertake this action on the same day of receipt of the repossession order.

Repossession order/Forfeiture of Lease – Instruct Us Online

NB: Late payment charges will be applied on overdue invoices in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (As Amended).