Collection Team Manager / Contact Centre Manager- Newcastle upon Tyne
The Collection Team Manager will provide management and leadership to our Collection Team, ensuring production and performance standards are met. Provide information to the senior management team and control the budgeting and use of resources to maximise income. Responsible for quality assurance and trouble-shooting, along with handling of non-routine situations that may require adaptation of standard responses or close management attention.
Key responsibilities include
- To ensure all telephone calls are answered within the agreed service levels
- Manage and evaluate operational staff, including; recruitment, training, workloads, pay, incentives, motivation, evaluation, appraisals and employee counselling
- Manage changes in staffing schedules to ensure correct coverage to meet the business needs.
- Provide up to date reports showing expected and current workloads in each revenue stream with identification of case stage/status and revenue generated
- Prepare statistical analysis on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure productivity is optimised and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are compliantly met to time & budget
- Create and develop templates, scripts, escalation and other relevant operational policies and procedures as required
- Develop and educate staff to ensure correct methods/techniques are used by telephone representatives
- Prepare and present suitable recordable training in line with the systems approach to training, to introduce new employees to the company and evaluate on-going progression
- Develop and implement motivational activities, incentives and awards to encourage telephone representatives’ productivity levels
- Responsible for operational systems configuration as a “Super User”, including familiarity with the CMS and Phone Systems
- Interact with service support functions if escalation is required to remedy problems which affect telephone representatives’ performance
- Interact with business support functions to ensure best value for money
- Maintain a safe working environment by enforcing all general and company safety rules and regulations and ensuring that team members act in a safe and responsible manner
Knowledge & Skills
- A strong knowledge of contact centre activities
- A good understanding of debt recovery and ability to transfer those skills to the collection of debt from High Court writs.
- A sound understanding of the regulatory requirements linked to inbound and outbound call strategies
- A good understanding of call recording principles
- Experienced debt collector/advisor/counsellor, with ability to deal effectively with complainants and difficult debtors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Eye for detail and excellent quality assurance skills.
- Good organisational, time management and reporting skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop employees through motivation, coaching and training
- Ability to operate computer systems and Internet based applications
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Problem Solving and Decision Making✓ Ability to make fair and consistent judgements
- Ability to clearly document and communicate operational policies and procedures at a general and client specific level
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions
- Ability to determine when to escalate and when to make final decisions that are within the remit of the role
• Good level of general education including 5 GCSE’s A-C or GNVQ/NVQ qualification or equivalent
• Collection experience (2 years)
• Ability to work in a non-discriminatory manner, in accordance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Can demonstrate integrity
• Ability to deliver results and meet company expectations
• Court Enforcement background
Job Type: Full-time
If you would like to be considered for this role please email your CV and covering letter to our HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org